The microStar reader is a compact, lightweight, portable reader that can be taken anywhere immediate results are required. It uses aluminum oxide (Al2O3) detectors to measure radiation exposure and reads the measurement with optically stimulated luminescence (OSL) technology.
Features and benefits:
- Portable—ideal for in-field use or in locations requiring immediate analysis, whether for emergency response activities or for patients in a clinical setting
- Appropriate for small laboratories (<10,000 participants; little or no automation)
- High throughput (readout in 13 seconds); approx. 180/hour
- Works with a laptop computer; can be networked with additional microStar readers
- Non-destructive readout allows for reanalysis
- No dosimeter preparation required
- No annealing required
- No heating parameters to maintain
- No gas required
- Effective replacement for older radiation measuring technologies (e.g., TLD)
- Operation: Al2O3 with OSL is linear from 10 μGy to >100 Gy
- Speed: Readout in 13 sec.
- Capacity: 1 slide (1 dosimeter)
- Energy dependence: Within ±10% over diagnostic energy range; within ±1% for photons and electrons from 5 MeV–20 MeV
- LED array: 36
- Size: 4.3"H x 12.9"W x 9.1"D
- Power requirements: 110–220V, 1.5 amps, 50–60 Hz
- Weight: 17.7 lb.
- Bar code input: Keyboard; external bar code reader; file upload